Module ADZ5777 Textiles/SUBJECT “Making connections”
Writing a Hypothetical Design Commission Brief.
This brief for this module will be to to create a textiles based collection for industry harlequin that will be inspired by the theme “contemporary tropics”.
– To explore and document the contemporary tropics for interior.
– To look into and report on the targeted market of females in the 18 – 30 age range for living rooms spaces and interior.
– To study and review tropics and looking at online websites like WGSN to be informed of style and colour trend for season Spring/Summer collection 2017.
To summarize all relevant aspects of the concept on a series of visually inspiring moodboards.
– To produce and log a body of designs, experimenting with different print techniques such as silk screen printing, digital stitching, scanning and digitizing/ editing and manipulation of prints.
To present a final collection of designs, some which also demonstrate:
– accurately repeating pattern designs
I will mainly be sourcing my research from their online shop and images from websites like pinterest and WGSN. I will try to get as much primary research as I can by photographing any similar colours I see that are similar to the ones harlequin and used against the contemporary colours and backgrounds I want to use for me project.